From Sweet Pickles to Breaking Bad

Remember the League of Extraordinary Bloggers? It's been a while, huh? Specifically, it's been a while since I've actually written a post on a League topic. But the League is back and so am I. This week's topic -- current obsessions.


As is likely the case with many collectors of stuff, this is right up my alley as I tend to embrace my addictive personality and move from one obsession to another.

Let's start with...

1. Sweet Pickles books

When I was a kid, I had a majority of these books but never the full set. We'd pick one up each week at the grocery store but missed a few along the way. More than thirty years later, I decided to fill in the gaps in this set and early next week, the last remaining book will arrive in my mailbox. My set of Sweet Pickles books will be complete.


[Image courtesy of imgarcade.com]

This means I need something new to work on. Much to my wife's displeasure, I've considered trying to acquire every one of the...

2. Atari 2600 Games released in the U.S.

From what I've gathered, there were around four or five hundred games made (U.S. releases, at least) and I currently have about 125 of them. This could be a long and potentially expensive project which is enough to deter me a bit. Still, it's under consideration.


[Image courtesy of wikimedia.org]

Other current obsessions?

3. Breaking Bad

I've never been one to jump on a bandwagon. In fact, the more people on a bandwagon, the further I usually stay away. Breaking Bad is a perfect example. For the past few years, everyone has talked about how awesome this show is but I've always held out on giving it a look. Thanks to the wonders of Netflix and a night to myself recently, I decided to give it a whirl and I was immediately hooked. I see some serious binge watching in my near future.


[Image courtesy of wired.com]

Last but not least in my current obsessions is one that's been going for a while...

4. Jason and the Scorchers

I've been a big fan of the Scorchers for several years and have copies of all of their studio albums in various formats. With a majority of their catalog is out of print, I've held off on picking up CD copies of the albums I have on vinyl...until now. I've grabbed one that I was missing and figure the other two won't be far behind. Then my vinyl can be retired to the shelf and reserved for the occasional evening with my record player.


[Image courtesy of motorbread.blogspot.com]

So, yeah. There's all that.

Check out some of the other League obsessions over at Cool and Collected.

4 comments:

Rich said...

Sweet pickles, lol I think I remember those commercials. Breaking is so good. Enjoy it!

Derek Ash said...

Sweet Pickles!!! Loved those when I was a kid! Never had any of my own but we used to FIGHT over them when they were in the school library!

Las Vegas Yankee said...

I remember Sweet Pickles. That's a pretty cool obsession.

Nerd Out With Me said...

Sweet Pickles! ha. Remember the Sweet Pickles School Bus? Totally a worthy obsession.