Guilty Pleasures

I love open-ended League topics. This week:

Guilty pleasures.


Here are the first ten that came to mind.
1. I consider the McDonald's dollar menu a delicacy. Two plain McDoubles and a sweet tea. Done. 
2. I maintain a ridiculously detailed website about Mister Rogers
3. More often than I'd care to admit, I watch Maury just to see what happens when "you are/are not the father." 
4. When I was a kid, I had a subscription to Teen Beat magazine
5. Late 80's and early 90's boy bands are okay in my book. New Kids? Guys Next Door? The New Monkees? Yep. 
6. I love gas station coffee. Not the flavored stuff. The black coffee that's been sitting on the burner for hours. 
7. I have several Family Circus books and it's one of the few comics I still read on a daily basis. 
8. I like Mad About You. Really. 
9. When Hold On by Wilson Phillips comes on the radio, I don't change the station. I turn it up. And sometimes I sing along. 
10. I own seven different Vanilla Ice CDs including both versions of To the Extreme featuring different versions of Play That Funky Music. And I've seen him live.
Don't judge.

[Be sure to check out some of the other shameful tastes around the League.]

10 comments:

E Dex said...

McD's sweet tea is one of the best things ever!

TL said...

A delicacy, I tell you. A delicacy!

Pop Rewind said...

I've seen the New Kids in concert three times since they reunited... would have been four this summer, but my BFF is giving birth like the day after. Pft!

TL said...

Four times since they reunited?!? Insanely jealous.

Shawn Robare said...

I'll be honest, I'm only a dabbler of the Family Circus, but I love following the footsteps trail...

Paxton said...

Tim, I too still love Vanilla Ice. I love him so much I made a custom Kool-Aid flavor out of him. And I prefer the video version of Play that Funky Music.

"Check it out, cause Ice is RHYMIN',
to the top I keep on CLIMBING."

Let's see....
Agree with #5. New Kids, Backstreet Boys, whatever. I like 'em.
I also agree completely with #9. Love that damn song and I love that it was such a big gag in that Bridesmaids movie.

Tim, we could be brothers from another mother. HOWEVER, I can't agree with #8. Sorry.

TL said...

Shawn -- The Family Circus is bad. Just bad. But I can't stop.

Pax -- Love the Vanilla Ice Kool-Aid idea. The biggest difference with the two album versions of Play That Funky Music is the omission of the Kid N Play line.

Sorry about Mad About You. I take full responsibility.

Paxton said...

I like this version of Play that Funky Music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNJ8_Dh3Onk

FYI, I had a bootleg version of Vanilla Ice's Hooked album which was an early version of To the Extreme. It had a completely different version of Play that Funky Music which surprised me because that was the only version I knew until the above video came out.

I got Hooked about a month or so before Ice Ice Baby dropped in Birmingham, AL so no one knew who the hell Vanilla Ice was. By the time Ice Ice Baby hit big in Bham, I already knew all the lyrics.

And that's another reason why I'm so awesome. ;-)

Pax

ShezCrafti said...

Here's some McBullshit: Did you know the only difference between a McDouble and a Double Cheeseburger is one slice of cheese? That extra slice keeps it off the dollar menu.



TL said...

And isn't a double cheeseburger something like $1.50? McDonalds math: two burgers, a bun, and a piece of cheese are worth a buck. Add in one more piece of cheese and it's half again as much. Brilliant.