McDonald's Shanghai Taste Adventure, Pt. 2

Back in October, I mentioned my quest to prove that McDonalds once served Chinese food. The scanned tray liner that I shared in that post was fine and good, but it was just an image I found online. I even found a commercial for the Chicken McNuggets Shanghai promotion.


But I wanted tangible evidence.

Specifically, I wanted chopsticks.

Much like when I stumbled upon the image of the tray liner, I took a shot in the dark one day and eBay came through for me.


I'd say my memories of the chopstick instructions couldn't have been more spot on.

Sure I paid (a very small amount of) good money for three pair of wooden chopsticks that I could have picked up for free at Hot Wok, but these are different. These chopsticks are evidence that I'm not crazy.

3 comments:

Shawn Robare said...

Tim, the last line of this post had me laughing out loud for reals. Cling to those chopstix man, cling to 'em! ;)

ShezCrafti said...

You did what you had to do, man.

I feel the same way about the time McD's had those weird holiday sauces for McNuggets.

TL said...

I love the idea of just doing what I had to do...

Went into a burning building to save a child? Just doing what I had to do.

Put my life on the line to save an innocent animal? Just doing what I had to do.

Paid a few bucks for some old chopsticks so I could prove that I'm not imagining things. Just doing what I had to do.